Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Natural Resources Conservation at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Natural Resources Conservation at University at Albany

If you are interested in studying natural resources conservation, you may want to check out the program at University at Albany. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and approximately 17,688 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Natural Resources Conservation section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Conservation

UAlbany Natural Resources Conservation Rankings

Earnings of UAlbany Conservation Graduates

The median salary of conservation students who receive their bachelor's degree at UAlbany is $30,646. This is less than $31,602, which is the national average of all conservation majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Conservation Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Natural Resources Conservation Master’s Program

33% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 3 students earned a master's degree in conservation from UAlbany. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 40% men graduate in conservation each year. UAlbany does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 27% more men than average.


Of the students who received a conservation master's degree from UAlbany, 100% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a master's in conservation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Conservation Grads May Go Into

A degree in conservation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Environmental Science Professors 820 $90,160
Foresters 250 $65,620
Forestry & Conservation Science Professors 160 $81,450


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.