Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Homeland Security at University at Albany

Find Schools Near

Homeland Security at University at Albany

What traits are you looking for in a homeland security school? To help you decide if University at Albany is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's homeland security program.

UAlbany is located in Albany, New York and has a total student population of 17,688. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 216 students received a bachelor's degree in homeland security from UAlbany.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Homeland Security section at the bottom of this page.

UAlbany Homeland Security Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Homeland Security

UAlbany Homeland Security Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the homeland security progam at UAlbany compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The homeland security major at UAlbany is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Homeland Security. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Homeland Security Graduate Certificate Schools 29

How Much Do Homeland Security Graduates from UAlbany Make?

The median salary of homeland security students who receive their bachelor's degree at UAlbany is $32,193. This is less than $44,554, which is the national average of all homeland security majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Homeland Security Student Demographics at UAlbany

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the homeland security majors at University at Albany.

UAlbany Homeland Security Bachelor’s Program

27% Women
31% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The homeland security program at UAlbany awarded 216 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 73% of these degrees went to men with the other 27% going to women.


About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in homeland security at UAlbany are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University at Albany with a bachelor's in homeland security.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 20
Hispanic or Latino 26
White 145
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 11

UAlbany also has a doctoral program available in homeland security. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Homeland Security Grads May Go Into

A degree in homeland security can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for University at Albany.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Police and Detective Supervisors 12,650 $115,940
Protective Service Worker Supervisors 8,660 $63,570
Professors 6,440 $112,000
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Professors 1,450 $62,080


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.