Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Business/Commerce at Sul Ross State University

Find Schools Near

General Business/Commerce at Sul Ross State University

If you plan to study general business/commerce, take a look at what Sul Ross State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Sul Ross is located in Alpine, Texas and approximately 2,406 students attend the school each year. Of the 381 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Sul Ross State University in 2019, 26 of them were general business/commerce majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Business/Commerce section at the bottom of this page.

Sul Ross General Business/Commerce Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in General Business

Sul Ross General Business/Commerce Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the general business progam at Sul Ross compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The general business major at Sul Ross is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Business/Commerce. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Degree Schools 170
Most Popular General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Degree Schools 186
Most Focused General Business/Commerce Schools 338

General Business Student Demographics at Sul Ross

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the general business majors at Sul Ross State University.

Sul Ross General Business/Commerce Bachelor’s Program

54% Women
81% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The general business program at Sul Ross awarded 26 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 46% of these degrees went to men with the other 54% going to women.

Sul Ross Gender Breakdown of General Business/Commerce Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 45% more racial-ethnic minorities in its general business bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Sul Ross State University with a bachelor's in general business.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Business/Commerce Majors at Sul Ross State University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 21
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Sul Ross also has a doctoral program available in general business. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That General Business Grads May Go Into

A degree in general business can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for TX, the home state for Sul Ross State University.

Occupation Jobs in TX Average Salary in TX
General and Operations Managers 195,730 $125,870
Management Analysts 35,350 $97,080
Construction Managers 29,620 $98,420
Sales Managers 26,420 $148,000
Administrative Services Managers 25,760 $103,880

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.