Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

International Relations & National Security at SUNY New Paltz

Find Schools Near

International Relations & National Security at SUNY New Paltz

If you plan to study international relations and national security, take a look at what SUNY New Paltz has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY New Paltz is located in New Paltz, New York and has a total student population of 7,489. Of the 1,919 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY New Paltz in 2021, 23 of them were international relations and national security majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in International Relations & National Security section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY New Paltz International Relations & National Security Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations

SUNY New Paltz International Relations & National Security Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the international relations progam at SUNY New Paltz compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The international relations major at SUNY New Paltz is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for International Relations & National Security. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused International Relations & Security Bachelor’s Degree Schools 120

Earnings of SUNY New Paltz International Relations Graduates

The median salary of international relations students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY New Paltz is $28,966. This is less than $35,647, which is the national average of all international relations majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


International Relations Student Demographics at SUNY New Paltz

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the international relations majors at SUNY New Paltz.

SUNY New Paltz International Relations & National Security Bachelor’s Program

52% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 23 students earned a bachelor's degree in international relations from SUNY New Paltz. About 52% of these graduates were women and the other 48% were men. The typical international relations bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% men. So male students are more repesented at SUNY New Paltz since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 3% more racial-ethnic minorities in its international relations bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a bachelor's in international relations.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 11
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SUNY New Paltz also has a doctoral program available in international relations. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That International Relations Grads May Go Into

A degree in international relations can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY New Paltz.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Political Science Professors 1,680 $125,360
Political Scientists 90 $122,440


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.