Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Romance Languages at SUNY New Paltz

Find Schools Near

Romance Languages at SUNY New Paltz

If you plan to study romance languages, take a look at what SUNY New Paltz has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

SUNY New Paltz is located in New Paltz, New York and approximately 7,489 students attend the school each year. Of the 1,919 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from SUNY New Paltz in 2021, 17 of them were romance languages majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Romance Languages section at the bottom of this page.

SUNY New Paltz Romance Languages Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Romance Languages

SUNY New Paltz Romance Languages Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks romance languages programs across the country. The following shows how SUNY New Paltz performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The romance languages major at SUNY New Paltz is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Romance Languages. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Romance Languages Schools 118
Most Popular Romance Languages Bachelor’s Degree Schools 209
Best Romance Languages Bachelor’s Degree Schools 222
Most Popular Romance Languages Schools 263
Most Focused Romance Languages Schools 313

Earnings of SUNY New Paltz Romance Languages Graduates

The median salary of romance languages students who receive their bachelor's degree at SUNY New Paltz is $24,128. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $31,343 for all romance languages students.


Romance Languages Student Demographics at SUNY New Paltz

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the romance languages majors at SUNY New Paltz.

SUNY New Paltz Romance Languages Bachelor’s Program

82% Women
59% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 17 students earned a bachelor's degree in romance languages from SUNY New Paltz. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 14% more racial-ethnic minorities in its romance languages bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from SUNY New Paltz with a bachelor's in romance languages.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 9
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

SUNY New Paltz also has a doctoral program available in romance languages. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Romance Languages Grads May Go Into

A degree in romance languages can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for SUNY New Paltz.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Interpreters and Translators 3,300 $68,940
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 3,130 $87,670


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.