Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Homeland Security at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Homeland Security at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania

Every homeland security school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the homeland security program at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

SRU is located in Slippery Rock, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 8,860. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 32 students received a bachelor's degree in homeland security from SRU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Homeland Security section at the bottom of this page.

SRU Homeland Security Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Homeland Security

SRU Homeland Security Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks homeland security programs across the country. The following shows how SRU performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The homeland security major at SRU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Homeland Security. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Homeland Security Basic Certificate Schools 75

Homeland Security Student Demographics at SRU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the homeland security majors at Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

SRU Homeland Security Bachelor’s Program

44% Women
16% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The homeland security program at SRU awarded 32 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women. The typical homeland security bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% women. So female students are more repesented at SRU since its program graduates 11% more women than average.


About 84% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in homeland security at SRU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in homeland security.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 27
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

SRU also has a doctoral program available in homeland security. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Homeland Security Grads May Go Into

A degree in homeland security can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Slippery Rock University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Police and Detective Supervisors 3,350 $92,170
Protective Service Worker Supervisors 2,520 $52,350
Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement Professors 760 $83,960


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.