Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Natural Resources Conservation at Skidmore College

Find Schools Near

Natural Resources Conservation at Skidmore College

If you are interested in studying natural resources conservation, you may want to check out the program at Skidmore College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Skidmore is located in Saratoga Springs, New York and has a total student population of 2,582. In 2021, 23 conservation majors received their bachelor's degree from Skidmore.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Natural Resources Conservation section at the bottom of this page.

Skidmore Natural Resources Conservation Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Conservation

Skidmore Natural Resources Conservation Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the conservation progam at Skidmore compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The conservation major at Skidmore is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Natural Resources Conservation. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Natural Resources Conservation Schools 89
Best Natural Resources Conservation Schools 150
Most Popular Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 190
Best Value Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Degree Schools 260

How Much Do Conservation Graduates from Skidmore Make?

The median salary of conservation students who receive their bachelor's degree at Skidmore is $29,585. This is less than $31,602, which is the national average of all conservation majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Conservation Student Demographics at Skidmore

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the conservation majors at Skidmore College.

Skidmore Natural Resources Conservation Bachelor’s Program

57% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The conservation program at Skidmore awarded 23 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 43% of these degrees went to men with the other 57% going to women. The typical conservation bachelor's degree program is made up of only 40% men. So male students are more repesented at Skidmore since its program graduates 4% more men than average.


About 61% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in conservation at Skidmore are white. This is below average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 5% more racial-ethnic minorities in its conservation bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Skidmore College with a bachelor's in conservation.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 14
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Skidmore also has a doctoral program available in conservation. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Conservation Grads May Go Into

A degree in conservation can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Skidmore College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Environmental Scientists and Specialists 4,400 $79,340
Environmental Science Professors 820 $90,160
Foresters 250 $65,620
Forestry & Conservation Science Professors 160 $81,450


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.