Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at School of Visual Arts

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at School of Visual Arts

If you are interested in studying teacher education subject specific, you may want to check out the program at School of Visual Arts. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

SVA is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 3,692.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Subject Specific section at the bottom of this page.

SVA Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed

SVA Teacher Education Subject Specific Rankings

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Subject Specific Ed Student Demographics at SVA

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at School of Visual Arts.

SVA Teacher Education Subject Specific Master’s Program

82% Women
64% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The subject specific ed program at SVA awarded 11 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 18% of these degrees went to men with the other 82% going to women.


In the subject specific ed master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 64% of degree recipients. That is 40% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from School of Visual Arts with a master's in subject specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Subject Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in subject specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for School of Visual Arts.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Elementary School Teachers 82,590 $83,010
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Middle School Teachers 39,950 $83,490
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 24,160 $59,520
Health Specialties Professors 22,170 $127,230


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.