Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General English Literature at Saint Joseph's University

Find Schools Near

General English Literature at Saint Joseph’s University

If you plan to study general English literature, take a look at what Saint Joseph's University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

St. Joe's is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 6,779. Of the 1,358 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Saint Joseph's University in 2021, 26 of them were general English literature majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General English Literature section at the bottom of this page.

St. Joe’s General English Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English

St. Joe’s General English Literature Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the English progam at St. Joe's compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The English major at St. Joe's is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General English Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General English Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 173
Most Popular General English Literature Schools 418
Best Value General English Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 431

How Much Do English Graduates from St. Joe's Make?

The median salary of English students who receive their bachelor's degree at St. Joe's is $28,573. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 3% higher than the national average of $27,744 for all English bachelor's degree recipients.


English Student Demographics at St. Joe's

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at Saint Joseph’s University.

St. Joe’s General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The English program at St. Joe's awarded 26 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 31% of these degrees went to men with the other 69% going to women. The typical English bachelor's degree program is made up of only 27% men. So male students are more repesented at St. Joe's since its program graduates 3% more men than average.


About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in English at St. Joe's are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Saint Joseph's University with a bachelor's in English.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 21
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

St. Joe's also has a doctoral program available in English. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That English Grads May Go Into

A degree in English can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Saint Joseph's University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
English Language and Literature Professors 3,860 $75,970


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.