Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Romance Languages at Rutgers University - Newark

Find Schools Near

Romance Languages at Rutgers University - Newark

Every romance languages school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the romance languages program at Rutgers University - Newark stacks up to those at other schools.

Rutgers Newark is located in Newark, New Jersey and has a total student population of 13,231. Of the 2,346 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Rutgers University - Newark in 2021, 11 of them were romance languages majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Romance Languages section at the bottom of this page.

Rutgers Newark Romance Languages Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Romance Languages

Rutgers Newark Romance Languages Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks romance languages programs across the country. The following shows how Rutgers Newark performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The romance languages major at Rutgers Newark is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Romance Languages. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank

Earnings of Rutgers Newark Romance Languages Graduates

The median salary of romance languages students who receive their bachelor's degree at Rutgers Newark is $27,560. This is less than $31,343, which is the national average of all romance languages majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Romance Languages Student Demographics at Rutgers Newark

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the romance languages majors at Rutgers University - Newark.

Rutgers Newark Romance Languages Bachelor’s Program

73% Women
82% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The romance languages program at Rutgers Newark awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 27% of these degrees went to men with the other 73% going to women. The typical romance languages bachelor's degree program is made up of only 24% men. So male students are more repesented at Rutgers Newark since its program graduates 3% more men than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 37% more racial-ethnic minorities in its romance languages bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rutgers University - Newark with a bachelor's in romance languages.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 0
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Rutgers Newark also has a doctoral program available in romance languages. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Romance Languages Grads May Go Into

A degree in romance languages can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Rutgers University - Newark.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Foreign Language and Literature Professors 630 $92,110
Interpreters and Translators 540 $74,750


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.