Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering Technology at Rochester Institute of Technology

What traits are you looking for in a civil engineering tech school? To help you decide if Rochester Institute of Technology is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's civil engineering tech program.

RIT is located in Rochester, New York and approximately 16,254 students attend the school each year. In 2019, 52 civil engineering tech majors received their bachelor's degree from RIT.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Civil Engineering Technology section at the bottom of this page.

RIT Civil Engineering Technology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering Tech

RIT Civil Engineering Technology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks civil engineering tech programs across the country. The following shows how RIT performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The civil engineering tech major at RIT is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Civil Engineering Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 14

Earnings of RIT Civil Engineering Tech Graduates

The median salary of civil engineering tech students who receive their bachelor's degree at RIT is $55,000. This is 1% higher than $54,400, which is the national average for all civil engineering tech bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Civil Engineering Tech Student Demographics at RIT

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil engineering tech majors at Rochester Institute of Technology.

RIT Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Program

21% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The civil engineering tech program at RIT awarded 52 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 79% of these degrees went to men with the other 21% going to women. The typical civil engineering tech bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% women. So female students are more repesented at RIT since its program graduates 9% more women than average.

RIT Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 77% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in civil engineering tech at RIT are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Rochester Institute of Technology with a bachelor's in civil engineering tech.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Technology Majors at Rochester Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 40
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

RIT also has a doctoral program available in civil engineering tech. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Civil Engineering Tech Grads May Go Into

A degree in civil engineering tech can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Rochester Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Civil Engineering Technicians 2,010 $61,020

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.