Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Ramapo College of New Jersey

Find Schools Near

History at Ramapo College of New Jersey

If you plan to study history, take a look at what Ramapo College of New Jersey has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Ramapo College is located in Mahwah, New Jersey and approximately 6,042 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 21 students received a bachelor's degree in history from Ramapo College.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Ramapo College History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Ramapo College History Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the history progam at Ramapo College compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Ramapo College is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value History Schools 142
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 167
Most Focused History Master’s Degree Schools 342
Most Popular History Schools 433

In 2021, 0 student received their master’s degree in history from Ramapo College. This is the #343 most popular school for history master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do History Graduates from Ramapo College Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Ramapo College is $27,925. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $28,881 for all history students.


History Student Demographics at Ramapo College

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Ramapo College History Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
14% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Ramapo College awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 67% of these degrees went to men with the other 33% going to women.


About 81% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Ramapo College are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ramapo College of New Jersey with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Ramapo College also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Ramapo College of New Jersey.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Managers 18,370 $138,820
History Professors 750 $91,270
Curators 120 $75,750
Historians 80 $76,320


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.