Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Civil Engineering Technology at Point Park University

Find Schools Near

Civil Engineering Technology at Point Park University

If you plan to study civil engineering technology, take a look at what Point Park University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Point Park is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 3,929. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 13 students received a bachelor's degree in civil engineering tech from Point Park.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Civil Engineering Technology section at the bottom of this page.

Point Park Civil Engineering Technology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering Tech

Point Park Civil Engineering Technology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks civil engineering tech programs across the country. The following shows how Point Park performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The civil engineering tech major at Point Park is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Civil Engineering Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 2
Best Value Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 8
Most Popular Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 13
Most Focused Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 15
Most Popular Civil Engineering Technology Schools 33

Civil Engineering Tech Student Demographics at Point Park

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the civil engineering tech majors at Point Park University.

Point Park Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor’s Program

23% Women
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in civil engineering tech from Point Park. About 23% of these graduates were women and the other 77% were men. The typical civil engineering tech bachelor's degree program is made up of only 12% women. So female students are more repesented at Point Park since its program graduates 11% more women than average.

Point Park Gender Breakdown of Civil Engineering Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 69% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in civil engineering tech at Point Park are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Point Park University with a bachelor's in civil engineering tech.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Civil Engineering Technology Majors at Point Park University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Point Park also has a doctoral program available in civil engineering tech. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Civil Engineering Tech Grads May Go Into

A degree in civil engineering tech can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Point Park University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Civil Engineering Technicians 2,410 $55,040

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.