Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Human Development & Family Studies at Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg

Find Schools Near

Human Development & Family Studies at Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg

If you plan to study human development and family studies, take a look at what Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

In 2019, 21 human development majors received their bachelor's degree from Penn State Harrisburg.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Human Development & Family Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Penn State Harrisburg Human Development & Family Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Human Development

Penn State Harrisburg Human Development & Family Studies Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks human development programs across the country. The following shows how Penn State Harrisburg performed in these rankings.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The human development major at Penn State Harrisburg is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Human Development & Family Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Human Development & Family Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 69

Earnings of Penn State Harrisburg Human Development Graduates

The median salary of human development students who receive their bachelor's degree at Penn State Harrisburg is $28,600. This is about the same as the yearly salary of allhuman development bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.


Human Development Student Demographics at Penn State Harrisburg

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the human development majors at Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg.

Penn State Harrisburg Human Development & Family Studies Bachelor’s Program

90% Women
43% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The human development program at Penn State Harrisburg awarded 21 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 10% of these degrees went to men with the other 90% going to women. The typical human development bachelor's degree program is made up of only 5% men. So male students are more repesented at Penn State Harrisburg since its program graduates 5% more men than average.

Penn State Harrisburg Gender Breakdown of Human Development & Family Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 57% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in human development at Penn State Harrisburg are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg with a bachelor's in human development.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Human Development & Family Studies Majors at Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 12
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Penn State Harrisburg also has a doctoral program available in human development. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Human Development Grads May Go Into

A degree in human development can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Pennsylvania State University - Harrisburg.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Childcare Workers 25,370 $22,920
Social and Human Service Assistants 18,480 $34,320
Preschool Teachers 13,480 $29,250
Community and Social Service Specialists 1,230 $50,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.