Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Science at Pennsylvania State University - Berks

Find Schools Near

Information Science at Pennsylvania State University - Berks

Every information science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the IS program at Pennsylvania State University - Berks stacks up to those at other schools.

In 2019, 27 IS majors received their bachelor's degree from Penn State Berks.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Science section at the bottom of this page.

Penn State Berks Information Science Degrees Available

  • Associate’s Degree in IS
  • Bachelor’s Degree in IS

Penn State Berks Information Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IS progam at Penn State Berks compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IS major at Penn State Berks is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Information Science Associate’s Degree Schools 13
Best Information Science Bachelor’s Degree Schools 24
Most Focused Information Science Associate’s Degree Schools 66
Most Popular Information Science Schools 106

How Much Do IS Graduates from Penn State Berks Make?

The median salary of IS students who receive their bachelor's degree at Penn State Berks is $59,700. This is 5% higher than $56,900, which is the national average for all IS bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

IS Student Demographics at Penn State Berks

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IS majors at Pennsylvania State University - Berks.

Penn State Berks Information Science Associate’s Program

100% Women
For the most recent academic year available, 0% of IS associate's degrees went to men and 100% went to women.

Penn State Berks Gender Breakdown of Information Science Associate's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Pennsylvania State University - Berks with a associate's in IS.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Science Majors at Pennsylvania State University - Berks
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Penn State Berks Information Science Bachelor’s Program

11% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 27 students earned a bachelor's degree in IS from Penn State Berks. About 11% of these graduates were women and the other 89% were men.

Penn State Berks Gender Breakdown of Information Science Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 63% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in IS at Penn State Berks are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Pennsylvania State University - Berks with a bachelor's in IS.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Science Majors at Pennsylvania State University - Berks
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 17
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Penn State Berks also has a doctoral program available in IS. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IS Grads May Go Into

A degree in IS can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Pennsylvania State University - Berks.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Computer Workers 19,010 $87,040
Computer and Information Systems Managers 13,070 $146,860
Systems Software Developers 8,810 $103,520
Computer Science Professors 1,590 $105,900
Computer and Information Research Scientists 410 $107,660

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.