Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Pennsylvania State University - Berks

Find Schools Near

Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology at Pennsylvania State University - Berks

If you are interested in studying biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology, you may want to check out the program at Pennsylvania State University - Berks. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Of the 405 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Pennsylvania State University - Berks in 2019, 25 of them were biochemistry, biophysics and molecular biology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Penn State Berks Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biochemistry

Penn State Berks Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biochemistry progam at Penn State Berks compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biochemistry major at Penn State Berks is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Schools 36
Best Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 57
Best Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Schools 70

Earnings of Penn State Berks Biochemistry Graduates

The median salary of biochemistry students who receive their bachelor's degree at Penn State Berks is $38,000. This is 21% higher than $31,500, which is the national average for all biochemistry bachelor's degree recipients.

undefined

Biochemistry Student Demographics at Penn State Berks

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biochemistry majors at Pennsylvania State University - Berks.

Penn State Berks Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The biochemistry program at Penn State Berks awarded 25 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women.

Penn State Berks Gender Breakdown of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 68% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in biochemistry at Penn State Berks are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Pennsylvania State University - Berks with a bachelor's in biochemistry.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Biochemistry, Biophysics & Molecular Biology Majors at Pennsylvania State University - Berks
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 17
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Penn State Berks also has a doctoral program available in biochemistry. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biochemistry Grads May Go Into

A degree in biochemistry can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Pennsylvania State University - Berks.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Medical Scientists 7,970 $114,370
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Biological Science Professors 3,250 $94,510
Biochemists and Biophysicists 1,100 $94,860
Biological Scientists 660 $73,550

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.