Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at University of Holy Cross

Find Schools Near

Nursing at University of Holy Cross

What traits are you looking for in a nursing school? To help you decide if University of Holy Cross is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's nursing program.

UHC is located in New Orleans, Louisiana and has a total student population of 1,246. Of the 104 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from University of Holy Cross in 2019, 36 of them were nursing majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

UHC Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing

UHC Nursing Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks nursing programs across the country. The following shows how UHC performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

In terms of overall quality, College Factual ranked the nursing major at UHC at 477 out of the 723 colleges and universities that were analyzed in the report. It is also ranked as the #3 school in Louisiana.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Colleges for Nursing 310
Highest Paid Nursing Graduates 432
Best Colleges for Nursing 477
Best Nursing Colleges for Non-Traditional Students 483
Best Value Colleges for Nursing 545
Best Nursing Colleges for Veterans 598
Most Popular Colleges for Nursing 1,466

How Much Do Nursing Graduates from UHC Make?

The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at UHC is $60,900. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $61,050 for all nursing students.

undefined

Nursing Student Demographics at UHC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at University of Holy Cross.

UHC Nursing Bachelor’s Program

89% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities
The nursing program at UHC awarded 36 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 11% of these degrees went to men with the other 89% going to women.

UHC Gender Breakdown of Nursing Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 21% more racial-ethnic minorities in its nursing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from University of Holy Cross with a bachelor's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at University of Holy Cross
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 10
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 17
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for LA, the home state for University of Holy Cross.

Occupation Jobs in LA Average Salary in LA
Registered Nurses 43,110 $63,970
Medical and Health Services Managers 4,540 $100,710
Nurse Practitioners 2,820 $105,340
Nursing Instructors and Professors 800 $72,010
Nurse Anesthetists 740 $159,370

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.