Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Cognitive Science at New York University

Find Schools Near

Cognitive Science at New York University

Every cognitive science school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the cognitive science program at New York University stacks up to those at other schools.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year. Of the 6,752 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from New York University in 2021, 13 of them were cognitive science majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Cognitive Science section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Cognitive Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Cognitive Science
  • Doctorate Degree in Cognitive Science

NYU Cognitive Science Rankings

The cognitive science major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Cognitive Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Cognitive Science Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the cognitive science majors at New York University.

NYU Cognitive Science Bachelor’s Program

54% Women
46% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 13 students earned a bachelor's degree in cognitive science from NYU. About 54% of these graduates were women and the other 46% were men. The typical cognitive science bachelor's degree program is made up of only 35% men. So male students are more repesented at NYU since its program graduates 11% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in cognitive science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 5
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

NYU also has a doctoral program available in cognitive science. In 2021, 3 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.