Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Statistics at New York University

Find Schools Near

Statistics at New York University

If you plan to study statistics, take a look at what New York University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

NYU is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 52,775. Of the 6,752 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from New York University in 2021, 10 of them were statistics majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Statistics section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Statistics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Stats
  • Master’s Degree in Stats
  • Doctorate Degree in Stats

NYU Statistics Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the stats progam at NYU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The stats major at NYU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Statistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Statistics Doctor’s Degree Schools 13
Most Popular Statistics Doctor’s Degree Schools 62
Best Value Statistics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 77

In 2021, 168 students received their master’s degree in stats from NYU. This makes it the #3 most popular school for stats master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 2 students who received their doctoral degrees in stats, making the school the #63 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Stats Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the stats majors at New York University.

NYU Statistics Bachelor’s Program

40% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The stats program at NYU awarded 10 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 60% of these degrees went to men with the other 40% going to women.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 6% more racial-ethnic minorities in its stats bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a bachelor's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 6
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

NYU Statistics Master’s Program

52% Women
12% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 168 students graduated with a master's degree in stats from NYU. About 48% were men and 52% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 14
Black or African American 3
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 27
International Students 118
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

NYU also has a doctoral program available in stats. In 2021, 2 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Stats Grads May Go Into

A degree in stats can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Mathematical Science Professors 4,700 $105,070
Actuaries 2,320 $150,950
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460
Statisticians 1,120 $95,870
Survey Researchers 710 $74,130


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.