Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Legal Research at New York University

Find Schools Near

Legal Research at New York University

If you plan to study legal research, take a look at what New York University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

NYU is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 52,775.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Legal Research section at the bottom of this page.

  • Master’s Degree in Legal Research

Online Classes Are Available at NYU

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? NYU offers distance education options for legal research at the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the legal research majors at New York University.

35% Women
5% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 179 students earned a master's degree in legal research from NYU. About 35% of these graduates were women and the other 65% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 42% men graduate in legal research each year. NYU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 23% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in legal research.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 49
International Students 53
Other Races/Ethnicities 68

A degree in legal research can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Lawyers 76,840 $167,110
Law Professors 3,440 $137,990


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.