Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teaching English or French at New York University

Find Schools Near

Teaching English or French at New York University

Every teaching English or French school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the English or French program at New York University stacks up to those at other schools.

NYU is located in New York, New York and approximately 52,775 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teaching English or French section at the bottom of this page.

NYU Teaching English or French Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in English or French
  • Doctorate Degree in English or French

NYU Teaching English or French Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in English or French, making the school the #7 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

English or French Student Demographics at NYU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English or French majors at New York University.

NYU Teaching English or French Master’s Program

92% Women
5% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The English or French program at NYU awarded 62 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 8% of these degrees went to men with the other 92% going to women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New York University with a master's in English or French.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 1
International Students 58
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That English or French Grads May Go Into

A degree in English or French can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for New York University.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Elementary School Teachers 82,590 $83,010
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Middle School Teachers 39,950 $83,490
Kindergarten Teachers 6,120 $79,410


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.