Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Grade Specific at New Jersey City University

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Grade Specific at New Jersey City University

If you are interested in studying teacher education grade specific, you may want to check out the program at New Jersey City University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

NJCU is located in Jersey City, New Jersey and approximately 7,550 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Grade Specific section at the bottom of this page.

NJCU Teacher Education Grade Specific Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Grade Specific Ed
  • Doctorate Degree in Grade Specific Ed

Online Classes Are Available at NJCU

If you are a working student or have a busy schedule, you may want to consider taking online classes. While these classes used to be mostly populated by returning adults, more and more traditional students are turning to this option.

For those who are interested in distance learning, NJCU does offer online courses in grade specific ed for the following degree levels:

  • Master’s Degree

NJCU Teacher Education Grade Specific Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

In 2021, 55 students received their master’s degree in grade specific ed from NJCU. This makes it the #125 most popular school for grade specific ed master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 12 students who received their doctoral degrees in grade specific ed, making the school the #6 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Grade Specific Ed Student Demographics at NJCU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the grade specific ed majors at New Jersey City University.

NJCU Teacher Education Grade Specific Master’s Program

75% Women
27% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 55 students earned a master's degree in grade specific ed from NJCU. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 12% men graduate in grade specific ed each year. NJCU does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 13% more men than average.


Of the students who received a grade specific ed master's degree from NJCU, 67% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from New Jersey City University with a master's in grade specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 11
White 37
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

NJCU also has a doctoral program available in grade specific ed. In 2021, 12 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Grade Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in grade specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for New Jersey City University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Elementary School Teachers 41,600 $70,660
High School Teachers 29,140 $76,390
Middle School Teachers 24,980 $72,290
Preschool Teachers 15,820 $40,880
Self-Enrichment Education Teachers 8,560 $56,620


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.