Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at Montclair State University

Find Schools Near

General Education at Montclair State University

If you plan to study general education, take a look at what Montclair State University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Montclair State is located in Montclair, New Jersey and has a total student population of 21,005.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

Montclair State General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education

Montclair State General Education Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

There were 0 student who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #85 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at Montclair State

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Montclair State University.

Montclair State General Education Master’s Program

84% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The education program at Montclair State awarded 182 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 16% of these degrees went to men with the other 84% going to women.


Of the students who received a education master's degree from Montclair State, 71% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Montclair State University with a master's in education.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 9
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 13
White 129
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 18

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NJ, the home state for Montclair State University.

Occupation Jobs in NJ Average Salary in NJ
Education Professors 1,400 $88,870


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.