Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at McDaniel College

Find Schools Near

History at McDaniel College

Every history school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the history program at McDaniel College stacks up to those at other schools.

McDaniel is located in Westminster, Maryland and approximately 2,931 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 9 history majors received their bachelor's degree from McDaniel.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

McDaniel History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

McDaniel History Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks history programs across the country. The following shows how McDaniel performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at McDaniel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 137
Most Focused History Schools 643
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 645
Most Popular History Schools 750

How Much Do History Graduates from McDaniel Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at McDaniel is $30,623. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 6% higher than the national average of $28,881 for all history bachelor's degree recipients.


History Student Demographics at McDaniel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at McDaniel College.

McDaniel History Bachelor’s Program

56% Women
22% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at McDaniel awarded 9 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 44% of these degrees went to men with the other 56% going to women. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at McDaniel since its program graduates 13% more women than average.


About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at McDaniel are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from McDaniel College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

McDaniel also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for McDaniel College.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
High School Teachers 19,330 $72,610
Managers 14,450 $122,050
Archivists 430 $67,360
Museum Technicians and Conservators 430 $66,300
History Professors 300 $75,970


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.