Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Political Science & Government at Marymount University

Find Schools Near

Political Science & Government at Marymount University

If you are interested in studying political science and government, you may want to check out the program at Marymount University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Marymount is located in Arlington, Virginia and has a total student population of 3,363. In 2019, 17 political science majors received their bachelor's degree from Marymount.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Political Science & Government section at the bottom of this page.

Marymount Political Science & Government Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science

Marymount Political Science & Government Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the political science progam at Marymount compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The political science major at Marymount is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Political Science & Government. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Political Science & Government Schools 413
Most Popular Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Degree Schools 519

Political Science Student Demographics at Marymount

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the political science majors at Marymount University.

Marymount Political Science & Government Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 17 students earned a bachelor's degree in political science from Marymount. About 59% of these graduates were women and the other 41% were men.

Marymount Gender Breakdown of Political Science & Government Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 11% more racial-ethnic minorities in its political science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Marymount University with a bachelor's in political science.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Political Science & Government Majors at Marymount University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 7
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Marymount also has a doctoral program available in political science. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Political Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in political science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Marymount University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
Managers 17,280 $134,500
Economists 1,230 $126,080
Political Scientists 1,030 $128,590
Economics Professors 440 $101,290

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.