Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Marymount University

Find Schools Near

History at Marymount University

What traits are you looking for in a history school? To help you decide if Marymount University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's history program.

Marymount is located in Arlington, Virginia and has a total student population of 3,363. In 2019, 6 history majors received their bachelor's degree from Marymount.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Marymount History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Marymount History Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks history programs across the country. The following shows how Marymount performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Marymount is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular History Schools 912

History Student Demographics at Marymount

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Marymount University.

Marymount History Bachelor’s Program

83% Women
17% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 6 students earned a bachelor's degree in history from Marymount. About 83% of these graduates were women and the other 17% were men. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 42% women. So female students are more repesented at Marymount since its program graduates 42% more women than average.

Marymount Gender Breakdown of History Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 83% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Marymount are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Marymount University with a bachelor's in history.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of History Majors at Marymount University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 5
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Marymount also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Marymount University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
High School Teachers 26,830 $68,770
Managers 17,280 $134,500
History Professors 1,030 $72,120
Museum Technicians and Conservators 440 $45,100
Curators 300 $63,140

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.