Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Biology at Marymount University

Find Schools Near

General Biology at Marymount University

Every general biology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the biology program at Marymount University stacks up to those at other schools.

Marymount is located in Arlington, Virginia and approximately 3,363 students attend the school each year. Of the 551 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Marymount University in 2019, 26 of them were general biology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Biology section at the bottom of this page.

Marymount General Biology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biology

Marymount General Biology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biology progam at Marymount compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biology major at Marymount is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General Biology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular General Biology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 736

Biology Student Demographics at Marymount

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biology majors at Marymount University.

Marymount General Biology Bachelor’s Program

85% Women
54% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 26 students earned a bachelor's degree in biology from Marymount. About 85% of these graduates were women and the other 15% were men.

Marymount Gender Breakdown of General Biology Bachelor's Degree Grads

Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 10% more racial-ethnic minorities in its biology bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Marymount University with a bachelor's in biology.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Biology Majors at Marymount University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 5
Hispanic or Latino 8
White 9
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Marymount also has a doctoral program available in biology. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biology Grads May Go Into

A degree in biology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for VA, the home state for Marymount University.

Occupation Jobs in VA Average Salary in VA
High School Teachers 26,830 $68,770
Biological Science Professors 1,860 $81,950
Medical Scientists 1,800 $102,310
Natural Sciences Managers 1,270 $133,360
Biological Scientists 540 $93,750

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.