Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Writing Studies at Marymount Manhattan College

Find Schools Near

Writing Studies at Marymount Manhattan College

Every writing studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the writing program at Marymount Manhattan College stacks up to those at other schools.

MMC is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 1,722. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 11 students received a bachelor's degree in writing from MMC.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Writing Studies section at the bottom of this page.

MMC Writing Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Writing

MMC Writing Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the writing progam at MMC compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The writing major at MMC is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Writing Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Writing Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 49
Most Focused Writing Studies Schools 81
Most Popular Writing Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 144
Most Popular Writing Studies Schools 269

Writing Student Demographics at MMC

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the writing majors at Marymount Manhattan College.

MMC Writing Studies Bachelor’s Program

91% Women
45% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The writing program at MMC awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 9% of these degrees went to men with the other 91% going to women.


About 55% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in writing at MMC are white. This is below average for this degree on the nationwide level. Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 16% more racial-ethnic minorities in its writing bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Marymount Manhattan College with a bachelor's in writing.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 6
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

MMC also has a doctoral program available in writing. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Writing Grads May Go Into

A degree in writing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Marymount Manhattan College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Editors 19,140 $83,070
English Language and Literature Professors 7,700 $92,170
Writers and Authors 7,410 $86,380
Professors 6,440 $112,000
Technical Writers 2,460 $76,380


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.