Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Information Technology at Lewis University

Find Schools Near

Information Technology at Lewis University

If you are interested in studying information technology, you may want to check out the program at Lewis University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Lewis is located in Romeoville, Illinois and has a total student population of 6,359. In 2019, 23 IT majors received their bachelor's degree from Lewis.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Information Technology section at the bottom of this page.

Lewis Information Technology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in IT
  • Master’s Degree in IT

Online Classes Are Available at Lewis

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Are you one of the many who prefer to take online classes? Lewis offers distance education options for IT at the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree
  • Master’s Degree

Lewis Information Technology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the IT progam at Lewis compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The IT major at Lewis is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Information Technology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 22
Most Popular Online Information Technology Schools 67
Most Popular Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 68
Best Value Information Technology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 76

In 2019, 32 students received their master’s degree in IT from Lewis. This makes it the #42 most popular school for IT master’s degree candidates in the country.

IT Student Demographics at Lewis

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the IT majors at Lewis University.

Lewis Information Technology Bachelor’s Program

17% Women
35% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 23 students earned a bachelor's degree in IT from Lewis. About 17% of these graduates were women and the other 83% were men.

Lewis Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Bachelor's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lewis University with a bachelor's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Lewis University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 4
White 10
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Lewis Information Technology Master’s Program

41% Women
25% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2018-2019 academic year, 32 IT majors earned their master's degree from Lewis. Of these graduates, 59% were men and 41% were women.

Lewis Gender Breakdown of Information Technology Master's Degree Grads

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lewis University with a master's in IT.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Information Technology Majors at Lewis University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 3
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 12
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 11

Lewis also has a doctoral program available in IT. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That IT Grads May Go Into

A degree in IT can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for IL, the home state for Lewis University.

Occupation Jobs in IL Average Salary in IL
Computer User Support Specialists 24,920 $53,020
Computer and Information Systems Managers 17,770 $143,900
Network and Computer Systems Administrators 11,640 $86,290
Computer Network Support Specialists 9,940 $65,830

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.