Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Lafayette College

Find Schools Near

History at Lafayette College

What traits are you looking for in a history school? To help you decide if Lafayette College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's history program.

Lafayette is located in Easton, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 2,514. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 13 students received a bachelor's degree in history from Lafayette.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Lafayette History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Lafayette History Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the history progam at Lafayette compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Lafayette is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 250
Most Focused History Schools 283
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 505
Most Popular History Schools 602

History Student Demographics at Lafayette

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Lafayette College.

Lafayette History Bachelor’s Program

46% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Lafayette awarded 13 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 54% of these degrees went to men with the other 46% going to women. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Lafayette since its program graduates 3% more women than average.


About 77% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Lafayette are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lafayette College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 10
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lafayette also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Lafayette College.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Managers 11,060 $126,290
History Professors 1,000 $93,300
Curators 670 $53,840
Museum Technicians and Conservators 600 $42,700


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.