Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania

Every parks, recreation and leisure studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the parks and rec program at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania stacks up to those at other schools.

Kutztown University is located in Kutztown, Pennsylvania and approximately 8,195 students attend the school each year. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 73 students received a bachelor's degree in parks and rec from Kutztown University.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Kutztown University Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Parks & Rec

Kutztown University Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the parks and rec progam at Kutztown University compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The parks and rec major at Kutztown University is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Schools 6
Most Focused Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Schools 13
Most Popular Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Schools 15

Earnings of Kutztown University Parks & Rec Graduates

The median salary of parks and rec students who receive their bachelor's degree at Kutztown University is $30,500. This is about the same as the yearly salary of allparks and rec bachelor's degree recipients across the nation.

undefined

Parks & Rec Student Demographics at Kutztown University

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.

Kutztown University Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Bachelor’s Program

26% Women
23% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The parks and rec program at Kutztown University awarded 73 bachelor's degrees in 2018-2019. About 74% of these degrees went to men with the other 26% going to women. The typical parks and rec bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% men. So male students are more repesented at Kutztown University since its program graduates 31% more men than average.

Kutztown University Gender Breakdown of Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 77% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in parks and rec at Kutztown University are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Kutztown University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Majors at Kutztown University of Pennsylvania
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 9
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 56
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Kutztown University also has a doctoral program available in parks and rec. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Parks & Rec Grads May Go Into

A degree in parks and rec can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Kutztown University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Recreation and Fitness Studies Professors 1,040 $67,100

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.