Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General Education at Johns Hopkins University

Find Schools Near

General Education at Johns Hopkins University

If you are interested in studying general education, you may want to check out the program at Johns Hopkins University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Johns Hopkins is located in Baltimore, Maryland and has a total student population of 27,079.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General Education section at the bottom of this page.

Johns Hopkins General Education Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Education
  • Doctorate Degree in Education

Online Classes Are Available at Johns Hopkins

Don't have the time or the flexibility in your schedule to take traditional classes? Online courses may be the perfect solution for you. They allow independent learners to study when and where they want to while offering the rigor of in-person classes.

Johns Hopkins does offer online education options in education for the following degree levels for those interested in distance learning:

  • Master’s Degree

Johns Hopkins General Education Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

There were 49 students who received their doctoral degrees in education, making the school the #8 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Education Student Demographics at Johns Hopkins

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the education majors at Johns Hopkins University.

Johns Hopkins General Education Master’s Program

80% Women
47% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 583 students earned a master's degree in education from Johns Hopkins. About 80% of these graduates were women and the other 20% were men.

Johns Hopkins Gender Breakdown of General Education Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a education master's degree from Johns Hopkins, 51% were white. This is below average for this degree on the natiowide level. In the education master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 47% of degree recipients. That is 15% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Johns Hopkins University with a master's in education.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of General Education Majors at Johns Hopkins University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 51
Black or African American 119
Hispanic or Latino 65
White 295
International Students 5
Other Races/Ethnicities 48

Careers That Education Grads May Go Into

A degree in education can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for MD, the home state for Johns Hopkins University.

Occupation Jobs in MD Average Salary in MD
Education Professors 940 $75,470

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.