Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Ithaca College

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Ithaca College

If you are interested in studying anthropology, you may want to check out the program at Ithaca College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Ithaca is located in Ithaca, New York and has a total student population of 5,354. Of the 1,366 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Ithaca College in 2021, 11 of them were anthropology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Anthropology section at the bottom of this page.

Ithaca Anthropology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology

Ithaca Anthropology Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the anthropology progam at Ithaca compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The anthropology major at Ithaca is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Anthropology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 129
Most Focused Anthropology Schools 170
Best Anthropology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 227
Best Anthropology Schools 231
Best Value Anthropology Bachelor’s Degree Schools 346
Best Value Anthropology Schools 359

Anthropology Student Demographics at Ithaca

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Ithaca College.

Ithaca Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

64% Women
18% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The anthropology program at Ithaca awarded 11 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 36% of these degrees went to men with the other 64% going to women. The typical anthropology bachelor's degree program is made up of only 26% men. So male students are more repesented at Ithaca since its program graduates 10% more men than average.


About 82% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in anthropology at Ithaca are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Ithaca College with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 9
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Ithaca also has a doctoral program available in anthropology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Anthropology Grads May Go Into

A degree in anthropology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Ithaca College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Anthropology and Archeology Professors 1,080 $112,460
Anthropologists and Archeologists 60 $67,860


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.