Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Anthropology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus

Find Schools Near

Anthropology at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus

Every anthropology school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the anthropology program at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus stacks up to those at other schools.

IUP is located in Indiana, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 10,037. Of the 1,834 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus in 2021, 13 of them were anthropology majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Anthropology section at the bottom of this page.

IUP Anthropology Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Anthropology

IUP Anthropology Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks anthropology programs across the country. The following shows how IUP performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The anthropology major at IUP is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Anthropology. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Anthropology Schools 110

Earnings of IUP Anthropology Graduates

The median salary of anthropology students who receive their bachelor's degree at IUP is $21,018. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $25,284 for all anthropology students.


Anthropology Student Demographics at IUP

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the anthropology majors at Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus.

IUP Anthropology Bachelor’s Program

92% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The anthropology program at IUP awarded 13 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 8% of these degrees went to men with the other 92% going to women.


About 85% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in anthropology at IUP are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus with a bachelor's in anthropology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 11
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

IUP also has a doctoral program available in anthropology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Anthropology Grads May Go Into

A degree in anthropology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Indiana University of Pennsylvania - Main Campus.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Anthropology and Archeology Professors 230 $94,090
Anthropologists and Archeologists 70 $70,770


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.