Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Gettysburg College

Find Schools Near

History at Gettysburg College

If you are interested in studying history, you may want to check out the program at Gettysburg College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Gettysburg is located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and approximately 2,507 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 45 history majors received their bachelor's degree from Gettysburg.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Gettysburg History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History

Gettysburg History Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks history programs across the country. The following shows how Gettysburg performed in these rankings.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Gettysburg is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused History Schools 17
Best History Schools 46
Best History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 48
Most Popular History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 151
Most Popular History Schools 199
Best Value History Schools 348

How Much Do History Graduates from Gettysburg Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Gettysburg is $28,505. This is less than $28,881, which is the national average of all history majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


History Student Demographics at Gettysburg

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Gettysburg College.

Gettysburg History Bachelor’s Program

44% Women
7% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Gettysburg awarded 45 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 56% of these degrees went to men with the other 44% going to women. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Gettysburg since its program graduates 2% more women than average.


About 91% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in history at Gettysburg are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Gettysburg College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 41
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Gettysburg also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Gettysburg College.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Managers 11,060 $126,290
History Professors 1,000 $93,300
Curators 670 $53,840
Museum Technicians and Conservators 600 $42,700


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.