Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Gettysburg College

Find Schools Near

Teacher Education Subject Specific at Gettysburg College

What traits are you looking for in a subject specific ed school? To help you decide if Gettysburg College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's subject specific ed program.

Gettysburg is located in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 2,507. Of the 717 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Gettysburg College in 2021, 3 of them were teacher education subject specific majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teacher Education Subject Specific section at the bottom of this page.

Gettysburg Teacher Education Subject Specific Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Subject Specific Ed

Gettysburg Teacher Education Subject Specific Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks subject specific ed programs across the country. The following shows how Gettysburg performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The subject specific ed major at Gettysburg is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Teacher Education Subject Specific. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Teacher Education Subject Specific Schools 882
Most Popular Teacher Education Subject Specific Schools 888

Subject Specific Ed Student Demographics at Gettysburg

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the subject specific ed majors at Gettysburg College.

Gettysburg Teacher Education Subject Specific Bachelor’s Program

33% Women
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 3 students earned a bachelor's degree in subject specific ed from Gettysburg. About 33% of these graduates were women and the other 67% were men. The typical subject specific ed bachelor's degree program is made up of only 33% men. So male students are more repesented at Gettysburg since its program graduates 33% more men than average.


About 67% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in subject specific ed at Gettysburg are white. This is below average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Gettysburg College with a bachelor's in subject specific ed.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Gettysburg also has a doctoral program available in subject specific ed. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Subject Specific Ed Grads May Go Into

A degree in subject specific ed can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Gettysburg College.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Elementary School Teachers 55,200 $66,860
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Middle School Teachers 21,640 $67,950
Fitness Trainers and Aerobics Instructors 12,450 $35,420
Health Specialties Professors 12,420 $95,160


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.