Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Statistics at George Washington University

Find Schools Near

Statistics at George Washington University

If you plan to study statistics, take a look at what George Washington University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

GWU is located in Washington, District of Columbia and approximately 27,017 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 30 stats majors received their bachelor's degree from GWU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Statistics section at the bottom of this page.

GWU Statistics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Stats
  • Master’s Degree in Stats
  • Doctorate Degree in Stats

GWU Statistics Rankings

The stats major at GWU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Statistics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 88 students received their master’s degree in stats from GWU. This makes it the #6 most popular school for stats master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 5 students who received their doctoral degrees in stats, making the school the #37 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Stats Student Demographics at GWU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the stats majors at George Washington University.

GWU Statistics Bachelor’s Program

53% Women
33% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The stats program at GWU awarded 30 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 47% of these degrees went to men with the other 53% going to women. The typical stats bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at GWU since its program graduates 10% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 9% more racial-ethnic minorities in its stats bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a bachelor's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 5
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 2
White 8
International Students 10
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

GWU Statistics Master’s Program

49% Women
Of the 88 students who earned a master's degree in Statistics from GWU in 2020-2021, 51% were men and 49% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from George Washington University with a master's in stats.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 2
International Students 86
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

GWU also has a doctoral program available in stats. In 2021, 5 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Stats Grads May Go Into

A degree in stats can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for DC, the home state for George Washington University.

Occupation Jobs in DC Average Salary in DC
Statisticians 1,240 $104,310
Natural Sciences Managers 1,200 $132,310
Mathematical Science Professors 220 $113,120
Survey Researchers 180 $73,690
Actuaries 150 $129,540


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.