Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Museum Studies at Fashion Institute of Technology

Find Schools Near

Museum Studies at Fashion Institute of Technology

If you are interested in studying museum studies, you may want to check out the program at Fashion Institute of Technology. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

FIT SUNY is located in New York, New York and approximately 8,726 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Museum Studies section at the bottom of this page.

FIT SUNY Museum Studies Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Museum Studies

FIT SUNY Museum Studies Rankings

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Museum Studies Student Demographics at FIT SUNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the museum studies majors at Fashion Institute of Technology.

FIT SUNY Museum Studies Master’s Program

90% Women
20% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The museum studies program at FIT SUNY awarded 10 master's degrees in 2018-2019. About 10% of these degrees went to men with the other 90% going to women.

FIT SUNY Gender Breakdown of Museum Studies Master's Degree Grads

Of the students who received a museum studies master's degree from FIT SUNY, 70% were white. This is typical for this degree on the natiowide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Fashion Institute of Technology with a master's in museum studies.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Museum Studies Majors at Fashion Institute of Technology
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 7
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Careers That Museum Studies Grads May Go Into

A degree in museum studies can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Fashion Institute of Technology.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Curators 1,570 $73,850
Museum Technicians and Conservators 1,490 $56,040
Archivists 1,170 $56,270

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.