Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Geological & Earth Sciences at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

Geological & Earth Sciences at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

What traits are you looking for in a geology school? To help you decide if Edinboro University of Pennsylvania is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's geology program.

Edinboro is located in Edinboro, Pennsylvania and approximately 4,319 students attend the school each year. Of the 685 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 10 of them were geological and earth sciences majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Geological & Earth Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Edinboro Geological & Earth Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Geology

Edinboro Geological & Earth Sciences Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the geology progam at Edinboro compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The geology major at Edinboro is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Geological & Earth Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Geological & Earth Sciences Schools 10
Most Focused Geological & Earth Sciences Bachelor’s Degree Schools 70
Most Focused Geological & Earth Sciences Schools 101

How Much Do Geology Graduates from Edinboro Make?

The median salary of geology students who receive their bachelor's degree at Edinboro is $41,272. This is 13% higher than $36,478, which is the national average for all geology bachelor's degree recipients.


Geology Student Demographics at Edinboro

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the geology majors at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Edinboro Geological & Earth Sciences Bachelor’s Program

20% Women
The geology program at Edinboro awarded 10 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 80% of these degrees went to men with the other 20% going to women.


About 80% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in geology at Edinboro are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in geology.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 8
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 2

Edinboro also has a doctoral program available in geology. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Geology Grads May Go Into

A degree in geology can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Natural Sciences Managers 4,480 $147,810
Chemistry Professors 1,430 $93,510
Geoscientists 1,210 $108,580
Atmospheric, Earth, Marine, and Space Sciences Professors 890 $94,630


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.