Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

General English Literature at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

Find Schools Near

General English Literature at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania

If you are interested in studying general English literature, you may want to check out the program at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Edinboro is located in Edinboro, Pennsylvania and approximately 4,319 students attend the school each year. Of the 685 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania in 2021, 17 of them were general English literature majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in General English Literature section at the bottom of this page.

Edinboro General English Literature Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in English

Edinboro General English Literature Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the English progam at Edinboro compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The English major at Edinboro is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for General English Literature. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best General English Literature Schools 399
Most Focused General English Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 469
Most Popular General English Literature Bachelor’s Degree Schools 483
Most Focused General English Literature Schools 560

How Much Do English Graduates from Edinboro Make?

The median salary of English students who receive their bachelor's degree at Edinboro is $24,645. Unfortunately, this is lower than the national average of $27,744 for all English students.


English Student Demographics at Edinboro

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English majors at Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Edinboro General English Literature Bachelor’s Program

59% Women
6% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The English program at Edinboro awarded 17 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 41% of these degrees went to men with the other 59% going to women. The typical English bachelor's degree program is made up of only 27% men. So male students are more repesented at Edinboro since its program graduates 14% more men than average.


About 94% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in English at Edinboro are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Edinboro University of Pennsylvania with a bachelor's in English.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 16
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Edinboro also has a doctoral program available in English. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That English Grads May Go Into

A degree in English can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Edinboro University of Pennsylvania.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
English Language and Literature Professors 3,860 $75,970


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.