Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Liberal Arts General Studies at East Central University

Find Schools Near

Liberal Arts General Studies at East Central University

Every liberal arts general studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the liberal arts program at East Central University stacks up to those at other schools.

ECU is located in Ada, Oklahoma and has a total student population of 3,613. In 2019, 20 liberal arts majors received their bachelor's degree from ECU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Liberal Arts General Studies section at the bottom of this page.

ECU Liberal Arts General Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Liberal Arts

Online Classes Are Available at ECU

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, ECU does offer online courses in liberal arts for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

ECU Liberal Arts General Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the liberal arts progam at ECU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The liberal arts major at ECU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Liberal Arts General Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Degree Schools 369
Most Focused Liberal Arts General Studies Schools 1,526

Liberal Arts Student Demographics at ECU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the liberal arts majors at East Central University.

ECU Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor’s Program

75% Women
15% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 20 students earned a bachelor's degree in liberal arts from ECU. About 75% of these graduates were women and the other 25% were men.

ECU Gender Breakdown of Liberal Arts General Studies Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 60% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in liberal arts at ECU are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from East Central University with a bachelor's in liberal arts.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Liberal Arts General Studies Majors at East Central University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 12
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

ECU also has a doctoral program available in liberal arts. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Liberal Arts Grads May Go Into

A degree in liberal arts can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for OK, the home state for East Central University.

Occupation Jobs in OK Average Salary in OK
Professors 1,480 $74,880

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.