Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Nursing at East Central University

Find Schools Near

Nursing at East Central University

If you are interested in studying nursing, you may want to check out the program at East Central University. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

ECU is located in Ada, Oklahoma and has a total student population of 3,613. In the 2018-2019 academic year, 72 students received a bachelor's degree in nursing from ECU.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Nursing section at the bottom of this page.

ECU Nursing Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing

Online Classes Are Available at ECU

Online courses are a good option for students who need a more flexible schedule that allows them to pursue an education when and where they want. Whether you're going to school part-time or full-time, you may find distance education the right choice for you.

For those who are interested in distance learning, ECU does offer online courses in nursing for the following degree levels:

  • Bachelor’s Degree

ECU Nursing Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the nursing progam at ECU compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The nursing major at ECU is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Nursing. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 252
Most Popular Online Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 298
Most Popular Online Nursing Schools 329
Most Focused Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 482
Most Popular Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 552
Best Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Schools 582
Best Nursing Schools 726

Earnings of ECU Nursing Graduates

The median salary of nursing students who receive their bachelor's degree at ECU is $58,300. This is less than $61,050, which is the national average of all nursing majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.

undefined

Nursing Student Demographics at ECU

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the nursing majors at East Central University.

ECU Nursing Bachelor’s Program

96% Women
32% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2018-2019 academic year, 72 students earned a bachelor's degree in nursing from ECU. About 96% of these graduates were women and the other 4% were men.

ECU Gender Breakdown of Nursing Bachelor's Degree Grads

About 64% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in nursing at ECU are white. This is typical for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from East Central University with a bachelor's in nursing.

Racial-Ethnic Diversity of Nursing Majors at East Central University
Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 2
Hispanic or Latino 7
White 46
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 15

ECU also has a doctoral program available in nursing. In 2019, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Nursing Grads May Go Into

A degree in nursing can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for OK, the home state for East Central University.

Occupation Jobs in OK Average Salary in OK
Registered Nurses 29,330 $63,080
Medical and Health Services Managers 6,450 $90,680
Nurse Practitioners 1,590 $103,280
Nursing Instructors and Professors 520 $59,070
Nurse Anesthetists 250 $176,780

References

*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.