Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Economics at Drexel University

If you plan to study economics, take a look at what Drexel University has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Drexel is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 23,589. In 2021, 39 economics majors received their bachelor's degree from Drexel.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Economics section at the bottom of this page.

Drexel Economics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
  • Master’s Degree in Economics
  • Doctorate Degree in Economics

Drexel Economics Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks economics programs across the country. The following shows how Drexel performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The economics major at Drexel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Economics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Economics Bachelor’s Degree Schools 149

In 2021, 10 students received their master’s degree in economics from Drexel. This makes it the #113 most popular school for economics master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in economics, making the school the #115 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

How Much Do Economics Graduates from Drexel Make?

The median salary of economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at Drexel is $58,175. This is 27% higher than $45,868, which is the national average for all economics bachelor's degree recipients.


Economics Student Demographics at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Economics Bachelor’s Program

36% Women
18% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 39 students earned a bachelor's degree in economics from Drexel. About 36% of these graduates were women and the other 64% were men.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 4
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 3
White 19
International Students 12
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Drexel Economics Master’s Program

20% Women
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 10 students graduated with a master's degree in economics from Drexel. About 80% were men and 20% were women.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 0
White 3
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Drexel also has a doctoral program available in economics. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Economics Grads May Go Into

A degree in economics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Drexel University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 26,750 $68,630
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Economics Professors 710 $131,060
Economists 610 $87,630
Survey Researchers 510 $60,810


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.