Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Social Sciences at Drexel University

Find Schools Near

Social Sciences at Drexel University

What traits are you looking for in a social sciences school? To help you decide if Drexel University is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's social sciences program.

Drexel is located in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and has a total student population of 23,589. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 84 students received a bachelor's degree in social sciences from Drexel.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Social Sciences section at the bottom of this page.

Drexel Social Sciences Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Master’s Degree in Social Sciences
  • Doctorate Degree in Social Sciences

Drexel Social Sciences Rankings

The social sciences major at Drexel is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Social Sciences. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

In 2021, 12 students received their master’s degree in social sciences from Drexel. This makes it the #260 most popular school for social sciences master’s degree candidates in the country.

There were 1 student who received their doctoral degrees in social sciences, making the school the #172 most popular school in the United States for this category of students.

Social Sciences Student Demographics at Drexel

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the social sciences majors at Drexel University.

Drexel Social Sciences Bachelor’s Program

51% Women
30% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The social sciences program at Drexel awarded 84 bachelor's degrees in 2020-2021. About 49% of these degrees went to men with the other 51% going to women. The typical social sciences bachelor's degree program is made up of only 44% men. So male students are more repesented at Drexel since its program graduates 5% more men than average.


About 54% of those who receive a bachelor's degree in social sciences at Drexel are white. This is above average for this degree on the nationwide level.

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a bachelor's in social sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 6
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 45
International Students 12
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Drexel Social Sciences Master’s Program

33% Women
8% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 12 social sciences students who graduated with a master's degree in 2020-2021 from Drexel, about 67% were men and 33% were women. Nationwide, master's degree programs only see 44% men graduate in social sciences each year. Drexel does a better job at serving the male population as it supports 23% more men than average.


The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Drexel University with a master's in social sciences.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 0
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Drexel also has a doctoral program available in social sciences. In 2021, 1 students graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Concentrations Within Social Sciences

If you plan to be a social sciences major, you may want to focus your studies on one of the following concentrations. The completion numbers here include all graduates who receive any type of degree in this field from Drexel University. Some of these focus areas may not be available for your degree level.

Concentration Annual Degrees Awarded
Economics 50
Criminology 24
Political Science & Government 12
Sociology 5
Anthropology 4
Urban Studies 2

Careers That Social Sciences Grads May Go Into

A degree in social sciences can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for PA, the home state for Drexel University.

Occupation Jobs in PA Average Salary in PA
High School Teachers 50,460 $64,830
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 26,750 $68,630
Managers 11,060 $126,290
Statisticians 3,710 $85,180
Social Science Research Assistants 1,480 $43,710


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.