Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies at Lehman College

Every parks, recreation and leisure studies school has its own distinct culture and strengths. We've pulled together some statistics and other details to help you see how the parks and rec program at Lehman College stacks up to those at other schools.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and has a total student population of 15,091. Of the 2,958 students who graduated with a bachelor’s degree from Lehman College in 2021, 26 of them were parks, recreation and leisure studies majors.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Parks & Rec

Lehman Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the parks and rec progam at Lehman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The parks and rec major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Schools 45

Parks & Rec Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the parks and rec majors at Lehman College.

Lehman Parks, Recreation & Leisure Studies Bachelor’s Program

69% Women
88% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 26 students earned a bachelor's degree in parks and rec from Lehman. About 69% of these graduates were women and the other 31% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 59% more racial-ethnic minorities in its parks and rec bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in parks and rec.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 8
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 1
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in parks and rec. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Parks & Rec Grads May Go Into

A degree in parks and rec can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Recreation and Fitness Studies Professors 1,320 $78,150


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.