Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

History at Lehman College

Find Schools Near

History at Lehman College

If you are interested in studying history, you may want to check out the program at Lehman College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Lehman is located in Bronx, New York and approximately 15,091 students attend the school each year. In the 2020-2021 academic year, 23 students received a bachelor's degree in history from Lehman.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in History section at the bottom of this page.

Lehman History Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in History
  • Master’s Degree in History

Lehman History Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the history progam at Lehman compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The history major at Lehman is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for History. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Best Value History Bachelor’s Degree Schools 62
Most Popular History Master’s Degree Schools 211
Most Focused History Schools 893

In 2021, 4 students received their master’s degree in history from Lehman. This makes it the #211 most popular school for history master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do History Graduates from Lehman Make?

The median salary of history students who receive their bachelor's degree at Lehman is $36,021. This is great news for graduates of the program, since this figure is 25% higher than the national average of $28,881 for all history bachelor's degree recipients.


History Student Demographics at Lehman

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the history majors at Lehman College.

Lehman History Bachelor’s Program

61% Women
87% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
Of the 23 history students who graduated with a bachelor's degree in 2020-2021 from Lehman, about 39% were men and 61% were women. The typical history bachelor's degree program is made up of only 43% women. So female students are more repesented at Lehman since its program graduates 18% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 59% more racial-ethnic minorities in its history bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a bachelor's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 4
Hispanic or Latino 14
White 2
International Students 1
Other Races/Ethnicities 1

Lehman History Master’s Program

25% Women
50% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The history program at Lehman awarded 4 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 75% of these degrees went to men with the other 25% going to women.


In the history master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 50% of degree recipients. That is 22% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Lehman College with a master's in history.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 0
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 2
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Lehman also has a doctoral program available in history. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That History Grads May Go Into

A degree in history can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Lehman College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Managers 16,600 $124,160
History Professors 2,050 $93,000
Curators 1,570 $73,850
Museum Technicians and Conservators 1,490 $56,040


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.