Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Economics at Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Economics at Hunter College

If you are interested in studying economics, you may want to check out the program at Hunter College. The following information will help you decide if it is a good fit for you.

Hunter is located in New York, New York and has a total student population of 24,052. In 2021, 116 economics majors received their bachelor's degree from Hunter.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Economics section at the bottom of this page.

Hunter Economics Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Economics
  • Master’s Degree in Economics

Hunter Economics Rankings

Each year, College Factual ranks economics programs across the country. The following shows how Hunter performed in these rankings.

Note: While rankings may be a good starting point when you're researching a school, they don't necessarily highlight all of a school's strengths. Don't forget to check out the other details that are available for a school to see if it has what you're looking for in a program.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The economics major at Hunter is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Economics. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Popular Economics Schools 102
Most Popular Economics Master’s Degree Schools 141
Best Economics Schools 498

In 2021, 7 students received their master’s degree in economics from Hunter. This makes it the #142 most popular school for economics master’s degree candidates in the country.

How Much Do Economics Graduates from Hunter Make?

The median salary of economics students who receive their bachelor's degree at Hunter is $36,329. This is less than $45,868, which is the national average of all economics majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Economics Student Demographics at Hunter

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the economics majors at Hunter College.

Hunter Economics Bachelor’s Program

46% Women
72% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
During the 2020-2021 academic year, 116 students graduated with a bachelor's degree in economics from Hunter. About 54% were men and 46% were women. The typical economics bachelor's degree program is made up of only 36% women. So female students are more repesented at Hunter since its program graduates 9% more women than average.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 40% more racial-ethnic minorities in its economics bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Hunter College with a bachelor's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 34
Black or African American 14
Hispanic or Latino 32
White 26
International Students 7
Other Races/Ethnicities 3

Hunter Economics Master’s Program

71% Women
43% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The economics program at Hunter awarded 7 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 29% of these degrees went to men with the other 71% going to women.


Of the students who received a economics master's degree from Hunter, 57% were white. This is above average for this degree on the natiowide level. In the economics master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 43% of degree recipients. That is 12% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Hunter College with a master's in economics.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 1
Black or African American 1
Hispanic or Latino 1
White 4
International Students 0
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Hunter also has a doctoral program available in economics. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Economics Grads May Go Into

A degree in economics can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Hunter College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Market Research Analysts and Marketing Specialists 63,520 $77,230
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Economics Professors 1,650 $129,370
Economists 750 $127,520
Survey Researchers 710 $74,130


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.