Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Biological & Physical Science at Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Biological & Physical Science at Hunter College

If you plan to study biological and physical science, take a look at what Hunter College has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

Hunter is located in New York, New York and approximately 24,052 students attend the school each year. In 2021, 62 biological science majors received their bachelor's degree from Hunter.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Biological & Physical Science section at the bottom of this page.

Hunter Biological & Physical Science Degrees Available

  • Bachelor’s Degree in Biological Science

Hunter Biological & Physical Science Rankings

The following rankings from College Factual show how the biological science progam at Hunter compares to programs at other colleges and universities.

Note: Although rankings can help you see some information about a school, it's not a good idea to depend on them alone. Be sure to check out other things about the school before making your decision to attend.

Bachelor’s Degree Overall Quality & Other Notable Rankings

The biological science major at Hunter is not ranked on College Factual’s Best Colleges and Universities for Biological & Physical Science. This could be for a number of reasons, such as not having enough data on the major or school to make an accurate assessment of its quality.

Ranking Type Rank
Most Focused Biological & Physical Science Schools 186

Earnings of Hunter Biological Science Graduates

The median salary of biological science students who receive their bachelor's degree at Hunter is $28,569. This is less than $32,529, which is the national average of all biological science majors in the nation who earn bachelor's degrees.


Biological Science Student Demographics at Hunter

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the biological science majors at Hunter College.

Hunter Biological & Physical Science Bachelor’s Program

82% Women
66% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 62 students earned a bachelor's degree in biological science from Hunter. About 82% of these graduates were women and the other 18% were men.


Prospective students may be interested in knowing that this school graduates 4% more racial-ethnic minorities in its biological science bachelor's program than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Hunter College with a bachelor's in biological science.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 13
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 18
White 19
International Students 2
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Hunter also has a doctoral program available in biological science. In 2021, 0 student graduated with a doctor's degree in this field.

Careers That Biological Science Grads May Go Into

A degree in biological science can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Hunter College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Natural Sciences Managers 1,360 $148,460


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.