Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Teaching English or French at Hunter College

Find Schools Near

Teaching English or French at Hunter College

What traits are you looking for in a English or French school? To help you decide if Hunter College is right for you, we've gathered the following information about the school's English or French program.

Hunter is located in New York, New York and approximately 24,052 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Teaching English or French section at the bottom of this page.

Hunter Teaching English or French Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in English or French

Hunter Teaching English or French Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

English or French Student Demographics at Hunter

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the English or French majors at Hunter College.

Hunter Teaching English or French Master’s Program

89% Women
53% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
In the 2020-2021 academic year, 87 students earned a master's degree in English or French from Hunter. About 89% of these graduates were women and the other 11% were men.


In the English or French master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 53% of degree recipients. That is 23% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from Hunter College with a master's in English or French.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 12
Black or African American 6
Hispanic or Latino 24
White 37
International Students 4
Other Races/Ethnicities 4

Careers That English or French Grads May Go Into

A degree in English or French can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for Hunter College.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
Elementary School Teachers 82,590 $83,010
High School Teachers 74,830 $85,300
Middle School Teachers 39,950 $83,490
Kindergarten Teachers 6,120 $79,410


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.