Find Schools

Study Area & Zipcode

Public Administration at The City College of New York

Find Schools Near

Public Administration at The City College of New York

If you plan to study public administration, take a look at what The City College of New York has to offer and decide if the program is a good match for you. Get started with the following essential facts.

CCNY is located in New York, New York and approximately 15,227 students attend the school each year.

Want to know more about the career opportunities in this field? Check out the Careers in Public Administration section at the bottom of this page.

CCNY Public Administration Degrees Available

  • Master’s Degree in Public Admin

CCNY Public Administration Rankings

Note: Rankings don't always give a complete picture of a school's strengths and weaknesses, so it's a good idea to extend your research and also look at other factors when trying to decide if the school is right for you.

Public Admin Student Demographics at CCNY

Take a look at the following statistics related to the make-up of the public admin majors at The City College of New York.

CCNY Public Administration Master’s Program

72% Women
72% Racial-Ethnic Minorities*
The public admin program at CCNY awarded 25 master's degrees in 2020-2021. About 28% of these degrees went to men with the other 72% going to women.


In the public admin master's program at this school, racial-ethnic minorities make up 72% of degree recipients. That is 30% better than the national average.*

The following table and chart show the race/ethnicity for students who recently graduated from The City College of New York with a master's in public admin.

Race/Ethnicity Number of Students
Asian 2
Black or African American 11
Hispanic or Latino 5
White 4
International Students 3
Other Races/Ethnicities 0

Careers That Public Admin Grads May Go Into

A degree in public admin can lead to the following careers. Since job numbers and average salaries can vary by geographic location, we have only included the numbers for NY, the home state for The City College of New York.

Occupation Jobs in NY Average Salary in NY
General and Operations Managers 163,250 $156,260
Managers 16,600 $124,160
Social and Community Service Managers 13,110 $86,700
Chief Executives 10,430 $220,040
Legislators 6,220 $90,050


*The racial-ethnic minorities count is calculated by taking the total number of students and subtracting white students, international students, and students whose race/ethnicity was unknown. This number is then divided by the total number of students at the school to obtain the racial-ethnic minorities percentage.

More about our data sources and methodologies.

Featured Schools

Find Schools Near You

Our free school finder matches students with accredited colleges across the U.S.